Due to change in the law brought in on December 3rd 2012, anyone wishing to sell scrap metal will be required
by law to register with a scrap metal facility, these measures were introduced to help control scrap metal theft, setting up an account
takes only a few minutes and once registered with us you will be able to sell your scrap quickly and easily.
1. A valid UK Photocard driving licence, which will act as proof of identity and proof of address.(this will be enough to set up an account)
2. Or A passport supported by either a utility bill such as gas, electricity, water, council tax or home telephone or bank statement or inland revenue correspondence (Please note. Mobile phone bills are not accepted as a proof of residence). Supporting utility bills must NOT be older than three months. However, council tax bill which last for one year is permitted.
We buy non-ferrous scrap metal – scrap copper, brass, lead, aluminium, zinc, stainless steel, car batteries catalytic converters, electric motors, starter motors/alternators, please see full list for metals we buy.
No. It is no longer legal for any licenced Scrap Metal Dealer to pay with cash. however we have a no fuss cheque cashing agent on site
and once registered with two form of id(see id requirements) they will cash your cheque on the spot for a £1.00 charge (£50 or under a £1.00 charge/over £50 2%) this normally Only takes a few mintutes to set up.
1. FAST BANK TRANSFER (in your account within 2 hours) no fee. for this we would need your sort code and account number only once.
2. INSTANT CASH, (our cheques cashed on site) £1 fee under £50.00 - 2% fee for anything over £50.00
2. SULLIVANS PRE PAID VISA CARD (immediate payment) 1.5% fee of your transaction total (£100.00 is a £1.50 fee) free withdrawals at
any cashpoint displaying a visa sign, these cards can be used like a debit card to pay for goods and services, they are reloaded every
time you visit with your scrap, funds do not go into your bank and do not take 3-5 days to clear you will have immediate access to
3. PRINTED CHEQUE, for you to bank, cleared in 3-5 days
The price we would pay for your scrap are base on quality and quantity of your scrap and fluctuations in the world wide market and can alter day to day. By separating your scrap we can pay you more money, removing brass fittings from copper, iron, plastic, wood or any contaminants form your scrap will allow us to pay you for a higher value for your material. Please phone for advise and a competitive quote.
We may be able to collect your scrap metal, this would be based on the amount and distance, we are unable to
collect small house hold items, but we can collect from business, engineers, building sites on a one off basis or a regular collection
service, so if you have a larger amount of scrap metal to sell please give us a call.
we are easily reached from central Croydon, Beckenham, Bromley, Purley, Sutton, Mitcham as well as areas in South London.
• Instant payment, fast friendly service, competitive rates, easy parking, quick turnaround.
• Great reputation in the local area
• Accurate weighing scales ensure you are paid the correct weight for you material.
D Sullivans Metals Ltd,
76C Farnley Road,
Just around the corner from
Crystal Palace Football Club.
Telephone: 020 8771 9292